Every corporation, limited liability company (LLC) and other legal entity that is registered in Virginia (domestic and foreign), is required to maintain a Registered Agent within the Commonwealth. The Registered Agent is responsible for receiving official correspondence from the Virginia State Corporation Commission, and is the statutory agent of the business for the purpose of receiving service of lawsuits and other legal notices.
GRDD Law acts as the Registered Agent for hundreds of businesses, both domestic and foreign. We charge a reasonable annual flat fee for this service. We have sophisticated systems in place to ensure that you will timely receive copies of any documents that are served on our office. We will also ensure that you comply with the annual reporting and fee requirements of the Commonwealth so as to prevent the automatic cancellation of your entity.
If your company is based outside of Virginia but needs to obtain a certificate to transact business in Virginia, we can assist you with the registration. If your company’s registration has been cancelled and needs to be reinstated, we can assist you with the reinstatement.
By engaging GRDD Law as your Virginia registered agent, you will establish a relationship with a respected law firm that can also provide assistance on a wide range of legal matters, including both transactional matters and litigation. Unlike other registered agents that can only forward you the documents served upon them, we can actually explain to you what has been served, and also advise you as to the next steps. If you require further legal assistance, we may be in a position to help.
Virginia Registered Agent Blog
- Registered Agent in Virginia | Fairfax, Virginia | Gross, Romanick, Dean & DeSimone, P.C.
- How is a Virginia Resident Agent different from a Virginia Registered Agent?
- What is the difference between a merger and an acquisition? – Registered Agent Newsletter
- Do I Need a Registered Agent? | Fairfax, Virginia | Gross, Romanick, Dean & DeSimone, P.C.
- My company is properly registered in Virginia but we do business in various other states. Do I need to register my company as a “foreign” entity in those states?
- Why was a $2.35M judgment overturned for failure by a foreign LLC to register in Virginia?
- Does My Virginia LLC Need to Adopt an Operating Agreement? | Fairfax, Virginia | Gross, Romanick, Dean & DeSimone, P.C.