A member of the GRDD Law team since 2006, Ash tries cases in the state and federal courts of Virginia and the District of Columbia. He is an experienced litigation attorney who also knows his way around arbitration and alternative dispute resolution forums. Ash aggressively pursues commercial collections, represents clients involved in business litigation and zealously defends clients in traffic and criminal court. He also represents commercial landlords in eviction proceedings. Ash is an experienced trial lawyer who handles appeals to higher courts including the Virginia Supreme Court. His assertive courtroom demeanor is tempered with a practical approach designed to allow clients to reach their goals. Ash has been featured as an expert on Internet Law for Fox5 and is a frequent guest lecturer at the Antonin Scalia Law School.
Chun v. Lupton (In re Lupton), Case No. 15-10368-RGM, United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia (2015); PS Bus. Parks, L.P. v. Deutsch & Gilden, Inc., 2013 Va. LEXIS 129 (2013); Quincy Plaza, L.C. v. Merrikh, 463 Fed. Appx. 185 (4th Cir. 2012); Xyrous Communs., LLC v. Bulgarian Telecomms. Co. AD, 74 Fed. R. Serv. 629 (E.D. Va. 2009); Qatar National Bank v. Winmar, Case No. 1:06-cv-01307, United States District Court, District of Columbia (2006).
American Bar Association, Association for Computing Machinery, Federal Bar Association, Fairfax Bar Association, Loudoun Bar Association
Annotation in “The Reigate Puzzle: A Lawyerly Annotated Edition”, Green Bag 2016 Almanac;
The Effects of Learning on the Roles of Chance, History and Adaptation in Evolving Neural Networks
selected for publication in the Proceedings of the Third Australian Conference on Artificial Life (December 2007) (with Dr. Grant Braught).
- 2004 – B.A., Double Major in Political Science and Computer Science from Dickinson College
- 2007 – J.D., Magna Cum Laude from George Mason University School of Law
- 2008 – M.S. Computer Science from George Mason University
- United States Supreme Court
- Virginia, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for Eastern and Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia