Chris DeSimone has been a member of the GRDD Law team since 2007. He primarily provides counsel in the areas of corporate law and business transactions and commercial leasing. He takes a pragmatic and detail-oriented approach to his transactional practice, always striving to help his clients achieve favorable outcomes in an efficient manner.
Chris serves as general corporate counsel to numerous small businesses in the Washington metropolitan area and beyond, providing assistance on a wide variety of legal projects and transactions including:
- Establishing new start-up companies and assisting with initial registrations.
- Preparing operating/shareholder agreements carefully tailored to meet the needs of business owners.
- Providing counsel on merger and acquisition transactions, including asset sales, stock sales, and other business sale transactions.
- Reviewing, revising, and negotiating commercial lease agreements and real estate purchase agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, prime and subcontract agreements, employment agreements, and employee handbooks/policies.
- Providing counsel on business break-ups and partnership separations.
Chris enjoys helping business owners establish their enterprises and navigate the many legal hurdles of business ownership. He has represented several start-up companies from inception through a liquidity event.
Chris also maintains an active commercial leasing practice. He provides counsel to commercial property owners throughout the DMV, assisting with leasing transactions, lease disputes, and lease enforcement. He drafts, reviews, and negotiates all types of commercial lease agreements, including office, retail, restaurant, warehouse, and industrial leases. He has substantial experience in landlord/tenant court, which shapes his approach towards negotiating new lease agreements. He understands how to maximize the upside and protect against the downside inherent in any leasing transaction.
Chris appreciates that, at the end of the day, what his clients truly seek is a reliable team member who will immediately respond to calls and e-mails, who will answer questions and make recommendations in a clear and concise manner, and who will quickly turn around projects without creating unnecessary work or charging exorbitant fees. Chris strives every day to be that trusted team member.
If you are considering Chris for your next legal project, you are encouraged to read the Firm’s Google reviews to see what our clients have to say about Chris.
- B.A., University of Virginia, Double Major in Economics and Government
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- District of Columbia