Chris DeSimone joined the GRDD Law team in 2007 and manages the firm’s corporate law and business transactions division. Chris serves as general corporate counsel to numerous small businesses in the Washington metropolitan area and beyond, providing assistance on a wide variety of legal projects and transactions including:
- Establishing new start-up companies and assisting with initial registrations.
- Preparing operating/shareholder agreements carefully tailored to meet the needs of business owners.
- Providing counsel on merger and acquisition transactions, including asset sales, stock sales, and other business sale transactions.
- Reviewing, revising, and negotiating commercial lease agreements and real estate purchase agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, prime and subcontract agreements, employment agreements, and employee handbooks/policies.
- Providing counsel on business break-ups and partnership separations.
Chris efficiently fills in the role of “in-house” counsel to companies that do not have an attorney on staff. He takes great pleasure in helping business owners establish their enterprises and navigate the many legal hurdles of business ownership, and has represented several start-up companies from inception through a liquidity event.
Chris also maintains an active commercial leasing practice. He provides counsel to numerous property owners in the area, providing assistance on leasing transactions and landlord/tenant disputes. He has drafted, reviewed, and negotiated countless lease agreements, including office, industrial, warehouse, flex, and restaurant leases.
As a small business owner himself, Chris is very sensitive to the needs of his clients. He understands that what his clients truly desire is a trusted team member that will immediately respond to calls and e-mails, draw on extensive knowledge and experience to provide an honest assessment of legal options, and timely deliver first-rate legal services without creating unnecessary work or charging exorbitant fees. Chris strives every day to be that trusted team member.
If you are considering Chris for your next legal project, you are encouraged to read the Firm’s Google reviews to see what our clients have to say about Chris.
- B.A., University of Virginia, Double Major in Economics and Government
- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- District of Columbia